I suggest you ...

Round Robin standings order...

When two teams have the same points other voices should be considered (score difference, games played...) rhis doesn't seem to happen now...

123 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Konkuri StaffAdminKonkuri Staff (Admin, Konkuri) responded  · 

We have just published the option to change manually the order of teams with the same points. We know it’s a temporary solution and the automatic score difference will be implemented soon. However, now you have the possibility to publish correct standings.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DaniloDanilo commented  · 

Last weekend we had a tournament. Three teams had the same number of points. Everything was happening too fast, so I relied on Konkuri to determine who was going to qualify to the Final Stage and who wouldn't. That was a big mistake. I didn't notice until today that Konkuri does not consider goal differential. So a team was erroneously eliminated simply because it was the last one to be entered in the list of competitors. I learned my lesson.

KONKURI STAFF: You wrote on Dec 17, 2009 that "[you] know [the option to change manually the order of teams is] a temporary solution and the automatic score difference will be implemented soon"

Last weekend was Jan 24, 2015. Over four years later.
        I was super excited about using Konkuri, but this left a very, very, sour taste in my mouth. :/

• Konkuri StaffAdminKonkuri Staff (Admin, Konkuri) commented  · 

Hi Chris, the manual option will always be available. As Konkuri support a huge list of sports, we will never be able to know the secondary ranking parameters of every organizer.

• Chris GibsonChris Gibson commented  · 

Whatever you end up doing, leave the option to manually order the teams in the event that your choices do not include the same logic options as the tournament organizer. For example, we don't use +/-, but rather "goals for/(goals for plus goals against)".

• EduardoEduardo commented  · 

Try to create a menu when we can change the standings rule like:

1.Goal Difference
        2. Number of Wins
        3. Goal Scored
        4. Direct Comparision
        5. Fewest Games Played
        6. Manually

We would can record this rules and change when we can...

Try this and thanks for this awesome website!

• ITDawgITDawg commented  · 

Looks like Konkuri currently uses Runs For (RF) to determine seeding order. Here is an example of one Tournament Director's rules for Tie Breaker in Pool Play:

Pool Play Tiebreakers:
        1. Win-Loss Record
        2. Head to Head
        3. Fewest Runs Allowed
        4. Highest Run Differential (Runs scored minus runs allowed)
        (Max. +/-8 runs per game)
        5. Coin Flip

So, looks like you will need to allow Tournament Admins to choose from a list of rules in order of precedence. Just an "idea"!

Thanks!

• RoibaRoiba commented  · 

Roiba supports this sugestion.

Feedback and Knowledge Base